Every now and then, we need a new way of looking at things. Because the world still needs changing.
(See, Christianity and Feminism can agree on something...)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To Uganda

Today I am blogging under achiever style.  

Today has been a day and a half and it's not yet over.  Nothing terrible.  Just one of those days that started with plan B and is now on plan F.  I wanted to share with you all another amazing project of the Nyaka AIDS Orphans Project.  I wrote about it last year weaving in stories from my life and our commitment to Tay, our Compassion child.  

I also have my own Pen Pal whose letter just left today. *smile*

We currently have a Young Hero Program that acts as a service learning project for students of all ages.  Once the project is completed, children in the United States are granted the privilege of becoming Pen Pals with the children at Nyaka and/or Kutamba School.  It is an opportunity to broaden all of their horizons and it inspires me every time I am able to place letters into bags full on their way out the door.

To Uganda with love,


1 comment: