Every now and then, we need a new way of looking at things. Because the world still needs changing.
(See, Christianity and Feminism can agree on something...)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

On Second Thought

I Corinthians 12:1-16?! "Man is God's glory, made in God's own image, but the woman is the glory of man." Get outta town, Paul. (He's telling women to cover their heads when they are praying, but men don't have to).  At least he admits that this is one of those topics up for debate, not the absolute truth from God.  I'll give you that, Paul.

In one of my past lives (no, it's really the same life - I just have, er, made some sharp turns in my journey) I was a nursing student, and had to take LOTS of anatomy & physiology and such.  The difference between men and women is a different cocktail of chemicals. Powerful chemicals, yes.  But the same exact stuff is in all of us - just different amounts of hormones and a little chromosome.

If you are taking a walk or run or a long car ride or have some time to kill I STRONGLY recommend listening to Testosterone, and if you are really short on time at least listen to Act Two, about a person who decided they were really the other gender and started taking testosterone.  It is really fascinating and causes you to really explore the subject of gender in ways you may not have. 

I wonder if "This American Life" is available in Heaven....

No comments:

Post a Comment