Every now and then, we need a new way of looking at things. Because the world still needs changing.
(See, Christianity and Feminism can agree on something...)

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Changes

Today we woke up to blizzard-like conditions after our 55 degree melt-fest yesterday.  Spring is not anywhere in the vicinity.  It is, after all, still February in Central New York.  Even though the inevitable had to come, it is still difficult to watch hope be doused.

I've had other hopes doused this week as well. This isn't a space where I unleash all of my woes and sorrows; that's not what you signed up for:) In the lessons I am trying to learn in the happenings of this week, I am wondering if one of the things I need to change is taking another day off from new posts. We didn't have any other ideas or submissions for small businesses, so the Saturday feature seems the logical day to pull.  The Supporting One Another tab will always be on the side, however, and I am happy to add to it or run a post on a new submission anytime.

Oh, and I want to tell you that in my Feminist Theory class, I am going to be working on a paper that analyzes the fashion industry using a feminist perspective.  For the next few months, you might get to weigh in on this once in a while:) I have to do so many boring papers, I thought I might as well do a fun one! Maybe I'll post pieces of the paper now and then and let you critique it.  You can't be anywhere near as brutal and insulting as my Family Policy professor.

Have a nice weekend! Hopefully my house won't blow down.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about your weather change. You should move south. At least as far south as southern Ohio. :)

    I'm way too excited about this fashion perspective. Project Runway has been over for a while and I need my fix! :) Can't wait to talk about this one!!!

    I think a Saturday off is a good idea. Maybe just when something new comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always come to D.C. if you are looking for spring. It's been 70 and over a few days this week. Yes, 70+ in Feb. To me, that's depressing.

    ReplyDelete