Every now and then, we need a new way of looking at things. Because the world still needs changing.
(See, Christianity and Feminism can agree on something...)

Friday, February 25, 2011

These Boots Are Made for ... Me!

 Today's discussion, before we get into any of the upcoming  fashion & feminism discussion:

the one wardrobe item that makes you feel like a million bucks.

  Those of you who know me well are like "Oh, brother, that girl and her stupid boots!" There is, however, one rule to this entry: you can't like it because it's the latest fashion.  You have to like it because you have a connection to it, you think it makes you look good, it makes you feel confident, you are super proud of the good deal you got, etc. 

   

I have long contended that every girl needs a pair of kick-ass boots.These are mine.  Franco Sarto, bought on consignment for 30 bucks, in great shape. They are amazingly versatile.  They make me feel like a million bucks. I think they are perfection.

When my husband broke up with me when we were dating, I promptly blew some savings on a pair of boots I loved.  I got a bunch of dates; he did not.  We ended up back together. Boots are powerful, people.  And just to make sure I'm being equal, I have offended both Christians and Feminists at this point, right? Not yet? When my kindergartner started crying about going to school, I surmised that a pair of black suede slouch boots would cure all.  They did not, but she sure looks cute in them and knows it.




No, these are not very sensible footwear for February in Central New York when it is 10 degrees and there is lots of snow and salt and ice.  But I'm Skaneateles-window-shopping-ready!


Please share with us what your favorite wardrobe item is. We are not the girls on your junior high bus, (who probably acted neither very Christian or Feminist) we will celebrate with you.  Feel fabulous this Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm having trouble picking one thing! Thank goodness I'm not forced to pick one and chuck the rest. I love my boots. I love my peacoat. I love my leopard print flats. I love my skinny jeans. I love my scarves. I love my cardigans. And I change my mind so often as to what my favorite favorite is.

    Probably the thing I love most right now is my locket I got in NYC. It's unique. It's memorable of a great trip. It's the perfect length.

    Seriously, I'm too excited for this fashion and feminism thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jewelry is a whole other category! I probably should have separated shoes and clothing as well. I can't believe your chucks didn't make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my chucks! (Don't tell them I forgot them. I do love them.)

    ReplyDelete