Every now and then, we need a new way of looking at things. Because the world still needs changing.
(See, Christianity and Feminism can agree on something...)

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Family's Business

You can shop on other days than Saturday, right?

Heritage Flooring

It's always over at the side of the page, should the need arise for you to have a beautifully floored room or tiled wall.  Yes, the Torok's business is located in Lansing, MI - but I know they will travel a little.  Maybe not to New York, but when I save enough pennies to have my bathroom remodeled (it is every bit as 80's as male rockers in tight jeans and big hair), I'll put that to the test:)

They do beautiful work.  My friend Brooke had a house built it and it is seriously a dream house.  I could move right in and live happily ever after.  It's one of the prettiest houses I've ever been in. In a magazine layout way, but also in a "I'm moving in tomorrow!" way. (Poor Brooke, if she reads this, is probably nervous that I'm going to show up in her driveway with a moving truck full of my stuff). The lovely floors - Heritage Flooring's handiwork.

Family businesses are wonderful.  They are usually more personable and accommodating.  They usually take a great deal of pride in their work.  They are trying to build something stable to provide for their family.  They are contributing to the community.  Heritage Flooring is all that goodness about family business.  Plus, Tashmica is my soul sister and I want to see her family well taken care of, accomplishing their dreams:) Plus, her sons are in the pool for possible suitors for my youngest daughter.  Oh, whoops - didn't mean to let that non-feminist bit of information slip out;)

If you are in the Torok's vicinity or know of anyone with some flooring needs (business owners too!) that lives in their vicinity.... :)  If you live in Washington State and want a new tile backsplash, perhaps you can look up a nice local family business to patronize.

1 comment: